Programs Available By State - United States

Please select a state to view the programs that American College of Education offers.

The following programs are offered in by American College of Education. Please click on the program/s you're interested in pursuing for more information.

International students

View admissions requirements for international students. An English Language Proficiency Requirementalso applies to applicants whose first language is not English.

Regional accreditation

For more information on American College of Education's regional accreditation, please click here.

Licensure Eligibility

Four (4) of American College Education’s programs are state approved as preparing students for eligibility for licensure–the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership (principal licensure preparation program) and the M.A. in Teaching and Transition to Teaching certificate (initial teacher licensure preparation program). Currently, other programs have not been approved in any state as preparing students for any other license, endorsement, certification, salary increase or benefit.

The M.A.T. and T2T programs are approved by the Indiana Department of Education for an initial teacher license. In addition to completion of the M.A.T. or T2T, Indiana has other teacher licensing requirements, including but not limited to CPR training and suicide prevention training. View Indiana teacher licensing requirements. Students are solely responsible for determining whether they are eligible for initial licensure in the state in which they intend to teach. It is vitally important that students know before enrolling and be continually aware of their own state licensure requirements.

The graduate certificate programs in Transition to Teaching lead to initial elementary generalist teacher license and initial secondary teacher license in Indiana. Students who do not reside in Indiana should determine requirements for applying the Indiana initial license for teacher licensure in their state of residence.

All courses in the Transition to Teaching certificate programs can be applied to a Master of Arts in Elementary Teaching or a Master of Art in Secondary Teaching at American College of Education. Both of these programs lead to initial teacher certification in Indiana. Students who do not reside in Indiana should determine requirements for applying the Indiana initial teacher certification toward teacher certification in their state of residence.